Friday, 19 January 2018

Research and Plans

My primary source of research was through viewing scifi crates in existing games. My main inspiration for my own designs and ideas was Borderlands and Mass Effect. These games are highly detailed and stylised and their hard surface designs are very iconic and stand out against the environment while being completely believable. My other source was of course Firesprite's own game The Persistence and their concept art. What I gathered from the concept art was that the crates had to have a small opening at the top rather than a larger opening much like the crates seen in Borderlands and also that they have set colours for their crates, whether that be based on the content of the crates or not.

The ideas I have for my crates so far is that I want dark metal crates, some large and others small with large vibrant lights striping along them, however, I will experiment with a few styles and designs until I am happy with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment