The last part of the
cosmetic side of these models is the texturing process, this was done
in Substance Painter. I used this program to colour, texture and add
further detail to my assets.
From the pictures
above, these are my models after the texturing process of the
creation of the assets. The look I wanted to go for with these models
is very similar among all three assets, I wanted to keep them very
similar and follow the same points and image and keep a consistent
theme throughout, with the differences in the models being purely the
geometry of the models that was established in the creation process.
The style I conceived
with the models is a very weathered look to the models, I prefer
assets to look used and torn up a little bit so this was what I aimed
for with these models.
After this section of
the model was complete and each of my three assets each contained the
consistent style that I created, I moved on to the animation aspect
of the process. For animation, I used Maya for this and to avoid the
whole process of how I created the animation, I will go over what I
did and why I did it.
The opening slots of my
models are shown as below:
As shown above, these
are where the crates open and close. These hatches are fairly small
and I spoke about my design choices very early on in this process but
I will reiterate it here, the reason that the hatches are small is
because when the unit began, the designs were supposed to be based
upon the original concept art from Firesprite however, as specified
later on, this is an art test so the choices of design are really up
to me, so with that in mind, I created small hatches and openings on
my models and here are the animations:
https://sketchfab.com/models/171db50cb4284b97903d45001356bce2
https://sketchfab.com/models/629ffa2040b244c2a0eb8b6ad36fa0f4
https://sketchfab.com/models/629ffa2040b244c2a0eb8b6ad36fa0f4
These are my finished
models with their finished animations.
No comments:
Post a Comment